Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Winter? What Winter?

One of my favorite things about Virginia is that we get all 4 seasons--just enough to enjoy the weather changes, but not to an extreme (usually). This year is a little odd. We've had some cold temps, but then very above normal temps. Today, for instance, it's almost 70. Feb. 1 and almost 70. My daffodils are starting to come up, trees are budding so everything and everyone is a little confused. Don't get me wrong. I love the warm temps and being able to be outside and be comfortable. BUT, I also love playing in the snow. I mean, my BOYS love playing in the snow. Me, well, I am just too old....but I HAVE to be out there to monitor the boys and make sure they are safe and playing properly. Proper sledding and snowball technique, of course ;)
Well, we've gotten maybe 1/2" of snow and that was gone in no time because the next day, temps were in the 50's so most everyone around here have been begging for snow. I guess we should be careful what we wish for because just a few years ago, it looked like this outside.....

Happy medium???

No comments:

Post a Comment